Think of NovaThreads as a non-surgical facelift. With NovaThreads, this technique is possible by using a non-surgical lifting technique to treat areas of the face that begin to sag as you get older. NovaThreads are hypodermic needles that contain an absorbable suture made of Polydioxanone (PDO). A PDO suture is an absorbable suture, which has been used in procedures, such as open-heart surgery, for years making it very safe to introduce to the body.
There are several types of threads used to accomplish the procedure:
- Smooth threads for superficial wrinkles and lines
- Volumizing threads for defining lip borders and diminishing deep wrinkles or folds, such as smile lines
- Lift threads that contain small barbs to lift the skin up and returns it to its original natural position
NOVATHREADS FOR FACE AND BODY
NovaThreads has revolutionized the traditional thread-lift facial rejuvenation technique by harnessing the power of medical-grade, absorbable sutures to instantly lift sagging facial tissues into place and spark the growth of new collagen to refresh and smooth aging, sagging skin. And now, the rejuvenating power of NovaThreads need not be confined to the face! That’s right: NovaThreads are an ideal way to target mild to moderate pockets of aging, sagging skin to redefine and enhance the natural contours of your face and physique.
How do NovaThreads work? The technology behind this revolutionary body-lifting technique is fairly simple. Absorbable sutures made of polydioxanone (PDO), a safe, medical-grade material commonly used in many different surgical procedures, are carefully and precisely threaded into the skin in your problem zones, usually the face, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, and/or knees. The sutures lift the sagging skin into place for instant rejuvenation, while simultaneously stimulating the growth of new collagen strands for body-shaping results that can last for up to two years!
If you would like to learn more about the incredible lifting power of NovaThreads, we encourage you to contact Dr. Cornell McCullom at Timeless Beauty, Chicago to schedule your appointment!
Benefits of a NovaThread Lift
- Targets mild to moderate sagging skin
- Appropriate for use on the face, knees, thighs, buttocks, and abdomen
- Lifts, tightens, and smooths loose, sagging skin from the inside out
- Lifts tissues into place for instantly visible results
- Sparks your own body’s controlled, powerful self-healing through natural collagen production
NovaThreads are a non-surgical, injection-based procedure
- No general anesthesia: requires only local anesthesia
- Return to normal activities immediately: little to no recovery time required
- Short procedure time: can usually be performed in under an hour
- No cuts or incisions, scars or scar tissue
- Sutures are safely and naturally reabsorbed into the body in 4-6 months
- Many patients enjoy results that last between one and two years!
NovaThreads come in two powerful face and body lifting options:
- NovaMesh involves weaving the injectable sutures into a mesh- or net-shaped pattern with the sutures running both horizontally and vertically in order to create a strong foundation for new collagen
- NovaLyft sutures have “barbs” or “cogs” placed at regular intervals along the suture in order to grip and lift the skin into position until new collage growth can secure the lift.
The NovaThreads technique appropriate for you will depend on the degree of “lift” required to sculpt a firm, lifted, contoured shape in each target area. NovaMesh is appropriate for areas with minor sagging while NovaLyft creates a more dramatic and immediate lift in areas with more extensive sagging.